Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sad Does Not Live Here

Sometimes sad just creeps up on you. You know it won't stay, and you know it does not have a permanent home with you. A short dose can be good at times because it seems to ripe away all the walls we put up to make it thru the days, weeks and months. 
I have been single for 8 years or so. God has taken me on some interesting journeys, some not wanting to take, but all were for the good in the end. 
I am comfortable in my skin most days, thought I would be remarried by now, have a new family along with my kids. It has not been that way, seems God has a reason for it, I don't have to understand it, just trust. I honestly thought I had found the person I was going to marry, I guess it does need to be mutual, seems to work better that way. Oh well.
It is fantastic to have great friends, and to hope that you are a good friend to them too. This life is not always a 9 to 5 life, it seems to be like a river heading for the ocean. It takes turns here and there, still making it's way to it destination, just a different route some days. 
While I may never be "money rich", that is OK,  I understand more and more that no one really owns anything , but we need to honor our obligations, be consistent in giving, don't judge those who have less than, or who have more either.
Sometimes it's easy to be too direct; well, maybe it's the delivery, other times easy to be too foggy. The let your yes be a yes and your no be a no seems to take a back seat some days for "let's just make em happy for the moment" dumb idea.
At times it seems you have to walk away for the one's you love, have the trust to allow them to fail, or succeed, in their own timing. The balance between influence and control can be a fine line. Trust, like hope, demands going beyond ones self and seeing outside the box of "me". 
At the end of the day you know if you have given your best, not just the easy answers. That can make for a good nights sleep, and lets sad know it does not have a permanent home with you. :) 

No comments: